Carpool Loop Rules and Etiquette
Please help Pepper Tree staff to load students quickly in the afternoons by using your name tag so we can have students down and ready when you pull up.
Also, talk to your child/children about paying attention, listening for their name to be called, and watching for your car.
Thank you for assistance us in making pick-up time easier and more timely.
Carpool Loop Rules
No Parking Allowed:
- Do not park in the teacher's parking lot at any time. This lot is located to the right side of the school.
- Do not park in private driveways near the school or block private driveways.
- Do not park in front of fire hydrants or any curb painted red.
- Do not park in the carpool loop (you must remain in your car at all times.)
- Do not park in front of the school in the bus lane.
- Never block cross walks (marked in yellow) with your car - even if you are in it!
Places Where You Can Park:
- Bus Loop/Parent Parking Lot: Parents may park in the parking lot on the left side of the school (where buses pick up and drop off students.) Exceptions: You may not enter the parent parking area when buses are present. Please wait until buses have left before entering this parking lot.
This parking lot is only for parents who get out of their cars and physically walk their children to and from the school.
- Offsite Parking: You can park in residential areas where the curbs are not painted any color, there is no fire hydrant, and you are not blocking traffic of private residents.
Please Do Not:
- Cut in front of other drivers in the carpool lane. This can lead to car accidents and creates a safety hazard for children and parent pedestrians.
- Cars coming from the direction of Euclid Ave. down 18th street should turn right and feed into the carpool lane closest to the sidewalk and not cut over into inside carpool lane.
- Cars coming from the direction of San Antonio/Mountain Avenue down 18th street should turn left into the outside carpool lane (away from the curb) and not cut in front of drivers coming from Euclid.
DO NOT BLOCK CROSS WALKS
Cars should never stop in cross walks (marked in yellow) while waiting in the carpool loop. Please wait until you can safely clear the cross walks before pulling your car forward.
Please report drivers (to the school office) who are putting our children in danger by blocking cross walks, speeding, or cutting in front of other drivers in carpool loop.
Satellite View of Parking Lots
Carpool Loop Map
The parking lot on the left in the map above is the bus loop / parents parking lot. Do not use this parking let when buses are present. Never park along the curb in front of the school. This parking lot is only for parents who get out of their cars and physically walk their children to and from the school.
The parking lot on the right is the carpool loop parking lot:
- Drivers coming from San Antonio / Mountain Avenue direction should enter the carpool lane in the inside (away from the curb.)
- Drivers coming down 18th from the direction of Euclid should enter the carpool lane on the right and stay in the far right lane next to the curb.
Please do not cut in front of other drivers or change carpool lanes!