End of the year cafeteria dates
May 5 -- the LAST day that checks will be accepted (until school starts again in August)
May 19 -- the LAST day for "loans" (you Must have enough money or credit in your account or
you will get the Emergency Lunch: Nonfat White Milk, 1 Fruit and 1 Veggie)
Pepper Tree School Hours
Regular School Day
- Kindergarten Early Bird Session 7:50 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Kindergarten Late Bird Session 9:40 a.m. – 1:20 p.m.
- Grades 1-6 7:50 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Modified Day (shortened school days)
- All Kindergarten students attend 7:50-11:15 a.m.
- Grades 1-6 7:50 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Note: Modified days are listed on our school calendar as "minimum days." Other schools may refer to these shortened days as "compact days."
Modified days are observed on Back-to-School Night, Parent/Teacher Conference days, and Open House. In addition, there will be a modified day EACH Thursday for curriculum development and instructional planning purposes.
Before School Rules
- Students crossing the street to get to school will use the crosswalk and follow all instructions given by the crossing attendant.
- Students coming to school by private vehicles need to be dropped off at the curb in the drop off zone in the east parking lot or parents may park in the west parking lot and walk the child to the quad area.
- Students riding the bus will follow all the bus rules.
- The campus is open to students beginning at 7:30 AM each day. Students needing to be dropped off earlier need to be enrolled in before school day care.
- Beginning at 7:30 AM, primary students are to go directly to the primary playground when they arrive until the first bell rings at 7:45.
- Students in grades 1-6 who enter from the front of the school are to go directly to the playground. Grades 1-3 should go to the lower playground and grades 4-6 should walk up to the upper playground. Students may only go to classrooms before school with a note from the teacher.
- Parents should not be in the classroom corridors before school starts unless you have made arrangements with the teacher.
- Students freeze when the first bell rings and wait to be dismissed by the teacher on duty.
- Students should be in their classrooms ready to begin the day when the tardy bell rings. Students not in the classroom prior to the tardy bell need to check in at the office before entering the classroom.